Church facilities available for rent:
2. Parish Hall / Kitchen – Large banquet hall with full kitchen.
3. Parish Hall / Lounge – Sitting room with couch, chairs, and coffee table (holds 10 – 15) for a small meeting
4. Classrooms – Single long table with chairs
It is the policy of the Trustees of the Columbia Congregational Church to permit as wide a use of the church buildings and grounds for religious, civic, educational, and charitable purposes as may be consistent with the requirements of the church itself. The policy also encourages the use of its facilities by members of the church and by official groups or committees of the church.
Church group shall not be charged for the use of the facilities, while outside groups shall be required to pay a minimal custodial fee for the clean-up work required and an additional fee if custodial services are needed during the event.
Person or groups wishing to use any of the church facilities shall make written application to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees at least two weeks in advance of the desired use. The Chairman shall be authorized to approve all requests that come within the purview of these policies.
There will be a minimal $25.00 custodial fee charged for the events scheduled by other than church organizations. All fees must be submitted with your application.
ORGANIZATIONS WHICH MAY USE THE CHURCH FACILITIES WITH NO FEE CHARGED:
All church or church-related organizations such as Boards of the Church (Men’s Fellowship, Women’s Guild, Choirs, Church School, Youth Fellowships, etc.)
ORGANIZATIONS WHICH MAY OCCASIONALLY USE THE CHURCH FACILITIES WITH NO FEE:
GROUP ‘A’ – Civic and community service groups such as Boy and Girl Scouts, Recreational Council, Historical Society, Lions Club, Arts Council, Meals on Wheels, etc.
GROUP ‘B’ – Charitable and non-profit groups such as Red Cross, Cancer Society, Alcoholics Anonymous, AL-ANON, AL-TEEN, Public Health, Nursing Association, etc.
Organizations which may occasionally use the church facilities without a fee are those civic or community service groups that in their Bylaws or other commitment statements purport to do community wide services for other members of our community. Actual instances of these services would be needed to qualify for free use of the facilities. Any groups not listed may apply for exempt status through the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
|Parish Hall / Kitchen
|Parish Hall / Lounge
In addition to the above fees, there will be a minimal custodial fee of $25.00. All fees must be submitted with your application. Church organizations are fee-exempt.
POLICIES FOR USE OF CHURCH FACILITIES
(Effective November 5, 2009)
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF FACILITIES
1. The officers of the organization and/or the applicant signing this request form will be responsible for:
a. Determining which state and local laws pertain;
b. The conduct of those in attendance;
c. Any penalties due to infractions of state and local laws;
d. Any damage or breakage occurring from this event.
2. The officers of the organizations and/or the applicant signing this request form will be solely and jointly responsible for any liability covering bodily injury and property damage combined occurring from this event.
3. The church and its officers are to be held free and clear of any liability that may occur while the church facilities are used by you and your group.
4. The church is supportive of environmental issued and asks that no Styrofoam or disposable plastics be used.
5. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on all non-residential church property.
6. If using the kitchen; please observe and follow posted rules and procedures.
Click here to view, print and complete application for use of Church facilities